...when i did the shelf project?
well, here's a picture of the finished product:
it works really, really, really well to keep all the mail and autumn's ten thousand pieces of paper OFF. MY. COFFEE. TABLE.
not that i don't love every shred of paper that she brings home from kindergarten. the other major element in reducing the paper mess in this house is the FIREPLACE. jake loves having a fire every evening, autumn loves tossing her pieces of scrap paper into the flames and watching them burn, and i love having all the paper OFF. MY. COFFEE. TABLE.
by the way, do you see the telephone on top of my shelf?
it's like a real, actual land line! first i've had since i lived with my parents in high school.
things in my life that have made me feel like a grown-up:
walking into a liquor store? nope.
college degree? nope.
graduate degree? nope.
first real job? nope.
having a child? nope.
buying a house? nope.
opening up my own practice? nope.
having a land line? yes. it was like a total reality check.

3 comments:
I love it! I think that was a great idea...I might just try it out myself!!!!! Oh...and congrats on being a grown up!!
Great idea (as I blog to procrastinate filing all the papers spread across my desk...).
Good job! Looks like Gatsby has made this his sleeping spot ;)
Post a Comment