Saturday, December 19, 2009

for grandma pat

the little brown school desk has been dusted, oiled, nailed and repaired and is ready for another generation of children. i thought you'd like to see it in situ at its new home:

this little child-sized roll-top desk originally came from my tahlequah grandparents. i have no idea where they got it, but it made the rounds between my sister and cousins and i during our childhoods, and then my cousin's kids had a go at it. it's a miracle it's held up so well - that's the same coat of paint it had when erin and i were banging it around circa 1989.

now it sits in autumn's room, and in a few years it will move to aislinn's room, and then...

please take note that the ellipses at the end of the previous sentence are not an invitation to conjecture upon the possibility of future offspring, which are at this time not imminently forthcoming, but i'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

mom said...

SO nice to see the desk being used again.

I wish it could talk...

Patricia said...

The desk was a Christmas present from Aunt Maude to me at what age I do not know. I used it a lot and hid candy in the drawer to eat when I was working at my desk.