May 5, 2010
Internal Revenue Service
P.O. Box 802502
Cincinatti, OH 45280-2502
Re: 2010 First Quarter Estimated Tax Payment.
Dear IRS:
Enclosed is my 2010 First Quarter Estimated Tax Payment due April 15, 2010. It is not late. I paid it already and it was misapplied to 2009 and sent back to me with my 2009 tax refund. They say, “if you love something let it go, if it comes back to you it’s yours forever,” but something tells me that when it comes to the IRS and my estimated tax payment, this is not the case. So here it is again. Please keep it this time, at least until I file my 2010 tax return, at which time I would be happy to welcome it home.
Best regards,
Me
2 comments:
That's awesome! We had this problem a while back with my Oklahoma taxes. They sent me a letter saying I didn't pay...but they applied the payment to the wrong year. I love your "if you love something..." LOL!
i wonder if i've just set myself up for an audit...
Post a Comment