Monday, August 18, 2008

can you spot the dog in this photograph?

this is how the dog sleeps.  all the time.  i did not do that to her.  in fact, the blanket and pillows were nicely folded and stacked on top of the sofa.  but she noses and roots around until they fall.  then she dives underneath, pokes her nose out, and starts snoring.

on a related note, this is what the content of my day has been reduced to.  posting photographs of the dog on the couch opposite me.  being on maternity leave with no baby is STAGGERINGLY BORING.  apparently i'm a grass-is-always-greener type of girl.

J is in stillwater for work for a couple of days so i'm going to go crash his hotel room.  i'm so bored that i'm willing to risk Kittin being born in the Land of Orange and Black.  although you better believe if i start having contractions i'll be booking it back to t-town with a quickness.

4 comments:

Maria said...

Our dog has her own blanket for her crate, because this is the only way she likes to sleep. :)

Anonymous said...

That is a great picture.

If you didn't point out that there was a dog in the picture, I would have thought it was just a blanket.

Have fun in Cowboy land!

Anonymous said...

hmmm. I'm not anonymous. I am mom.

The Writer said...

Melissa,

Been meaning to leave a comment for the longest time...

First, congrats on the baby and all that jazz. I'm very excited for you guys and wish you all the best of luck!

Also I have a crazy dog, like Maria's, who does the same thing with blankets. He likes to bury his head in them. Very strange!!

And, I'll start commenting more - really.

Enjoy your ahh freedom and mat. leave.

Del