“what is the feeling when you're driving away
from people, and they recede on the plain till
you see their specks dispersing? -it's the too
huge world vaulting us, and it's good-bye. but
we lean forward to the next crazy venture beneath
the skies.” -jack kerouac
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
hypocrisy starts young
a screenshot from an msn.com website today:
"Tips for deprogramming a materialistic child"
"Score points with a designer diaper bag."
I think restraining yourself from the latter would reduce the need for the former.
Dude, seriously I know so many people who are way into designer coordinated matchy stuff for their two week old babies and I think it's weird. I can't even keep my own wardrobe coordinated 90% of the time, and now I am expected to do it when my nonexistent baby is born? WTF?! I feel like the concept of motherhood has turned into some kind of weird status competition...I'm so not digging it. I have a pic of myself at three wearing an orange and green striped velour shirt with maroon suede velcro shoes, and I think it's cute.
It reminds me of fashion magazines like Cosmo. One month they tell you one thing. The next they tell you something that contradicts the previous month. MSN is just more efficient at the contradictions!
As for status-- I personally dress The Boy cheaply. He doesn't wear clothes out...even the 50 cent PJs I bought on clearance (Children's Place, FYI)... and as long as it matches at this point, I don't care. Oh...and in the very near future, I won't care if it matches if he'll dress himself! LOL!
2 comments:
Dude, seriously I know so many people who are way into designer coordinated matchy stuff for their two week old babies and I think it's weird. I can't even keep my own wardrobe coordinated 90% of the time, and now I am expected to do it when my nonexistent baby is born? WTF?! I feel like the concept of motherhood has turned into some kind of weird status competition...I'm so not digging it. I have a pic of myself at three wearing an orange and green striped velour shirt with maroon suede velcro shoes, and I think it's cute.
It reminds me of fashion magazines like Cosmo. One month they tell you one thing. The next they tell you something that contradicts the previous month. MSN is just more efficient at the contradictions!
As for status-- I personally dress The Boy cheaply. He doesn't wear clothes out...even the 50 cent PJs I bought on clearance (Children's Place, FYI)... and as long as it matches at this point, I don't care. Oh...and in the very near future, I won't care if it matches if he'll dress himself! LOL!
Post a Comment