i didn't take a single picture on aislinn's first thanksgiving.
there, i said it.
but to be fair, aislinn's first thanksgiving was also the single fussiest day of her wee life. she is going through her three-month growth spurt, and she is HUNGRY! i just can't seem to keep up. she had been nursing nonstop and was getting frustrated, and by thursday evening when we got to mom's house, she was flat-out mad, and ironically REFUSING to nurse. after taking a small amount of frozen breastmilk salvaged from a bag with a hole (first time i've had a hole in one of the bags, of course it would happen right then) and lot of tears (some hers, some mine), aunt erin ran to wal-mart to get some formula. and so it goes that aislinn had her first bottle of the fake stuff.
she didn't even notice.
thus aislinn's first thanksgiving meal was half courtesy of mom, and half courtesy of enfamil.
i hate formula.
since then we've been limping along by supplementing just a little bit a day, maybe 2oz here and there mixed 50-50 with breastmilk. aislinn doesn't mind a bit, and she's tolerating it well. but *i* mind. i mind a lot. i had all these lofty goals of exclusive breastfeeding for at least six months, and never a drop of formula to pass by her little pink lips. the formula companies! the conspiracy! the chemicals! but the best laid plans, you know...
the most important thing is that i'm not giving up, and that meanwhile she's not hungry. we'll get past it--especially since we've got such a good support network. thank you mom, erin, and maria.
here is a picture of aislinn in her thanksgiving outfit. yes, this is a recreation of the actual day, but she really did wear it. and she really did look cute.
when she wasn't howling at me, anyway.
gobble gobble, ya'll.

3 comments:
Any time friend, any time. :)
I soooo wish I had an excuse for not taking Blayne's picture on Thanksgiving. I have none...not a single one. Maybe he won't notice??
I made up for it today- took 200... well maybe just 150... :)
I took one picture - but something happened with my new Blackberry and it didn't save it - so I have no pictures either! Hang in there - breastfeeding is hard work!! I wasn't able to make it to 100% breastmilk only with either of my children...but I'm still glad that I did it!! And you will be too!
Post a Comment